Saturday, April 7, 2012

New Video: Who Am I? by Emilio Rojas

"Ain't underrated, I'm underfunded/ 
Enough of runnin' around like I'm something I'm not, hoping they cut a budget/
I ain't one of these up and comers, a couple of 'em/
From a cover, fuck em, they better off doin' Dumb & Dumber/"

Here's a new video by Emilio Rojas that dropped yesterday. For the first couple lines, I thought this track was gonna be weaker than his usual shit, but the track as a whole product is really well done. The beat for this one built up nicely too by the time his semi-melodic chorus hit. In the first verse, he covers some personal content regarding his family. Since Emilio and I live two different lives, I can't say I relate to him, but I can definitely feel where he's coming from. I liked the second verse more than anything though. His attitude towards where he stands in the hip-hop game is exactly how I feel, and I ain't even near his amount of progress. It always satisfies me to hear a dope emcee talk down on the rest of the mediocre rappers that are put in the limelight, even if they don't deserve it. I read this quote the other day on The Jokerr's facebook feed, "It is better to deserve honours and not have them than to have them and not deserve them." I believe in this quote, and emcees like Emilio Rojas definitely deserve more props than they actually receive.

To read more posts by K Brenton, Follow his blog at:
Eternal-Cadence.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Rap music business - Marketing and Promoting the Future of Hip Hop