Monday, November 16, 2009

Eminem Track Used By Microsoft Xbox360 Commercial For C.O.D. Modern Warfare 2


"Til I Collapse" written and performed by Eminem featuring Nate Dogg is from the album "the Eminem Show". This particular track is used here to promote the new blockbuster game Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 by the Xbox360 of Microsoft Corporation.

Having the funds to properly market this already highly anticipated game, it's no surprise Microsoft decided to use an Eminem song to promote their new million dollar baby. The rap superstar has an unmistakable voice, catching viewers attention instantly. I know this.

How, you ask ? I just so happen to be sitting in the living room, working on my laptop, when I heard the rap artist's song coming from a TV commercial. It caught my attention immediately, considering the last TV commercial I saw which featured an Eminem track was for the iPod by Apple, who wound up getting sued and settling out of court with the rapper's music publishing company.

For more details on that, check out my article on the subject: 8 Mile Style Lawsuit Against Apple

Hopefully Microsoft acquired the proper synchronization license, or else they are going to run into some legal trouble. What do you think ? Leave your two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rap music business - Marketing and Promoting the Future of Hip Hop