Monday, May 6, 2013

New Video: "Triboro Thoro" - DJ Skizz featuring Hannibal Stax, Big Noyd, & Panchi



"'Triboro Thoro' is the second track released to-date from DJ Skizz's forthcoming producer album, B.Q.E. (Brooklyn-Queens Experience). "Triboro Thoro" features three emcees who embody NYC to the fullest. Hannibal Stax (of F.A.B.I.D. and the Gang Starr Foundation) hails from East New York, Brooklyn. Big Noyd (Mobb Deep) represents Queens (QB) and lastly Panchi (of NYGz) represents the birthplace of Hip-Hop, the boogie-down Bronx. They all represent different boroughs in NYC, but they all represent NYC and the NYC sound.

"My good friend and talented producer, Marco Polo, and I often give each other records, samples, and drum breaks to use to see how we will flip them in our own style" says Skizz. "Marco gave me the sample used in this song and told me that it was perfect for me and my Queens dunny dun sound. I laughed, took the sample, fired up my MPC and the beat that came out was NYC to the fullest (thanks Marco). I called up H. Stax, Panchi, and Noyd and we recorded the song in in Brooklyn. I then went back to the lab, laid down some cuts on the hook--and the result..... Triboro Thoro." - DJ Skizz

DJ Skizz's "B.Q.E. (Brooklyn-Queens Experience)" will be released on 6-23-2013.

Available on iTunes here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/triboro-thoro-feat.-hannibal/id642586866

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rap music business - Marketing and Promoting the Future of Hip Hop