Tuesday, September 18, 2012

New Video: "Jansport Strings" - Skyzoo



Here is the official video for "Jansport Strings,” the 9th Wonder produced lead single off Skyzoo's upcoming album, 'A Dream Deferred,' out October 2nd on The Faculty/Duck Down Music Inc. Video Directed by Anthony Sylvester.

In Skyzoo's Words:
The theme was to show the parallels between me as a 9-year old aspiring emcee and me now as an accomplished emcee and artist, and how the things around me that groomed me haven't changed. The song is a 3-minute auto-bio of me as a kid in Brooklyn.

The ending is a clip from Video Music Box, the legendary NYC video show run by DJ Ralph McDaniels. This episode in particular was the debut of Chi-Ali's 'Age Ain't Nothin But A Number'. Seeing that video that day on this episode of VMB made me start rhyming. This clip was literally the moment that changed my life. And the Chi-Ali tee shirt is pretty amazing. They'll be on sale soon. Enjoy...
Purchase the single at iTunes | Pre-Order "A Dream Deferred" here

Twitter: @skyzoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rap music business - Marketing and Promoting the Future of Hip Hop