Monday, August 8, 2011

Apathy Drops New Album Cut "Stop What Ya Doin" featuring Celph Titled (Produced by DJ Premier)



Apathy is preparing to take his career to another level with the release of his third-solo LP, Honkey Kong, which will be released on 8-23-2011.

The Connecticut emcee and The Get Busy Committee (Apathy, Scoop Deville and Ryu released Uzi Does It in October 2010) and AOTP member has undeniably crafted his best project to date and it includes production from Apathy, DJ Premier, DJ Muggs, Statik Selektah, Evidence, Da Beatminerz and Teddy Roxpin among others. Guest appearances on Honkey Kong include Xzibit, Slaine, Vinnie Paz, Esoteric, Ill Bill, Celph Titled, Action Bronson, General Steele (Smif N Wessun) and Mad Lion.

Apathy quote:
"When I started to make “Honkey Kong” I knew I wanted to make a hardcore, classic hip-hop album. I grew up listening to Gang Starr, Wu-Tang, EPMD... and so on. So when this album started coming together and I started working with dudes who I grew up studying and idolizing; like Preem, Muggs, Beatminerz, Steele, Mad Lion that made all the bullshit of the industry worth it to me. Working with DJ Premier, is personally the most important point in my career. He’s my favorite producer of all time--hands down. Everyone who contributed to this album killed it and definitely brought their "A" game."

DJ Premier quote:
"Apathy is the FIRST artist that I allowed to mix down a record that I produced... EVER!!! Shouts to my engineer Eddie Sancho who influenced him."
Download "Stop What Ya Doin" _ Apathy featuring Celph Titled (Produced by DJ Premier)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rap music business - Marketing and Promoting the Future of Hip Hop